- Many mobile spy app products are a complete scam. We did the research, so you can avoid getting ripped off. All the apps on our list offer a money-back-guarantee.
- The spy apps below offer the most features, quickest and easiest installation (no root), and an affordable price.
- ALL Android spy apps require access to the phone to install. The one exception is GPS location tracking apps, but these track ONLY the device’s location.
In this buyer’s guide, we review the best spy apps for Android devices.
After testing 37 different mobile spy apps, we discovered that some are a complete SCAM. But there are a few spy apps that offer powerful tracking features, solid support, and reasonable pricing.
The apps in this comparison do NOT require rooting the target device.
Top 3 Cell Phone Spying Apps
|Product||Why We Like It||Price|
My Rating: 4.9/5.0 ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐Click for Best Price
||Click for Best Price|
||Click for Best Price|
If you’re just starting your search for an Android phone surveillance app, here’s what you will learn.
- which hidden spy apps offer the most features on Android cell phones and tablets
- specific features for monitoring a child, employee, or spouse’s phone
- how to unlock advanced surveillance features like call recording
The best cell phone spy apps track things like phone calls, text messages, social media activity, chat apps, emails, and GPS location on iOS and Android devices. These apps are designed to monitor a child, an employee, or a loved one.
All the cell phone spyware apps in this guide offer a free trial or money back guarantee, so you can try them out risk-free.
Contents of this Guide
- Best Hidden Spy Apps for Android No Root
- Best Spy Apps for Android With Call Recording
- Should You Root the Target Android?
- Why Do People Use Android Spy Apps?
- Are Android Phone Spy Apps Legal?
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Do Android Spyware Apps Really Work?
- How Does Android Spy Software Work?
- Can Android Surveillance Apps Be Installed Remotely?
- Do you need physical access to the Android phone?
- Do Android Spy Apps Require Rooting the Phone?
- Will Android spy software work after a factory reset?
- Can I Track an iPhone from an Android?
- Can Android Spy Software Monitor Social Media Accounts?
- Can You Turn an Android Phone into a Listening Device?
- Are Android Spy Apps Safe?
- Are Free Android Spy Apps any good?
The section below contains only phone spy apps that DO NOT require rooting. For more advanced features, jump to the section of apps that require rooting.
Best Hidden Spy Apps for Android No Root
Below is my list of the best undetectable Android spy apps that do not require rooting.
- Kidsguard Pro – Best for Parents with Teens
Below is a detailed review of each of Android spy app including unique features, pricing, refund policy, and ease of installation.
1. uMobix – Best Hidden Spy App for Android
- Simple and quick installation
- Most social media monitoring capabilities
- Stealth mode so it’s completely hidden
- powerful keylogger feature
- LIVE chat Support
- FREE 7-Day Trial
- Real-time GPS tracking feature
- Requires access to target Android device
- no phone call recording
uMobix is an undetectable spy app for Android phones and tablets. It monitors social media accounts like Facebook Messenger, Instagram, Snapchat, LINE, Viber, Tinder, TikTok, Kik, WeChat, Skype, Signal, Telegram, Reddit, and more.
Why is uMobix the Best Spy App for Androids without Root?
There are three key features that separate uMobix from other Android spy apps we’ve tested.
- a simple one-click-installation takes 2 minutes on any Android device.
- it tracks nearly ALL social media and chat apps, even deleted messages.
- screenshots track activity on Snapchat, Tinder, YouTube, and more.
- view installed apps
uMobix is compatible with all devices using Android version 4.0 and newer. This includes the Google Pixel, Motorola, Samsung Galaxy, Kyocera, and Nokia.
uMobix requires access to the target cell phone for a few minutes to complete the installation. The uMobix app is hidden after installation is complete. The app is not available in the Google Play Store. You must download the app from the company website.
uMobix offers LIVE, US-based customer service and support. It is compatible with any iPhone or Android device.
- $12.59/month for 12 months
- $29.99/month for 3 months
- $49.99/month for 1 month
Check out my full uMobix review for more information.
2. Geofinder – Best Without Access to Target Phone
- works without access to target Android
- all you need is the target device phone number
- works within minutes
- shows exact GPS location of target device
- limited functionality – all you can see is the phone’s physical location
- No FREE Trial – $1 for 1 Day trial
Geofinder is a cell phone tracking app that works without access to the target Android. It is the only app on the list that can track a target phone remotely.
It is compatible with Android and iOS devices. The only information needed to track the target phone’s location is the number.
After entering the phone number, Geofinder performs a test to ensure it can track the device. Upon a successful test, you are prompted to create an account.
This spy app uses GPS triangulation to locate the exact location of the Android device. You can find more detailed information about this tracking app in our Geofinder review.
- Monitor calls, sms messaging
- track browser history & bookmarks
- Call log with phone number and name
- see SIM card information
- view phone location
- tech support via email only
- Requires physical access to target
- No FREE Trial
SpyBubble is a cell phone spy app for Androids. This app offers just as features as uMobix. It records keystrokes, social media activity on Facebook, Facebook Messenger, Instagram, Snapchat, LINE, Viber, Tinder, TikTok, Kik, WeChat, Skype, Signal, Telegram, Reddit, and it includes a GPS location tracking feature.
The SpyBubble spy phone app is completely hidden after installation and will NOT show up in the app drawer of the target Android. The app works with all versions of the Android operating system.
SpyBubble works well as a parental monitoring app, but it can also function as a GPS tracking system for employees.
The installation of SpyBubble is very simple. You will need access to the target device for a couple minutes. It does NOT require rooting the device. The app must be downloaded from the SpyBubble website.
SpyBubble offers LIVE customer service via a U.S. number.
SpyBubble costs $11.66 per month with an annual subscription. They offer FREE trial and a 14 day money back guarantee. For more information check out my SpyBubble review.
- Reliable and Stable
- Works with multiple devices
- Call log with phone number and name
- Camera remote control
- log incoming and outgoing phone calls, track GPS location, call data
- tech support via email only
- Requires physical access to target
- No FREE Trial
SPYIC is a phone tracker app designed for Android phones. The SPYIC app tons of social media platforms including dating apps like Tinder. They do NOT offer live chat support. If you have a problem during installation you’ll have to submit an email and wait.
The SPYIC app has a GPS tracker, web browser history, phone call logs, contact list, social media tracking, and more.
SpyIC’s Android smartphone spy app includes a keylogging feature, but it also allows you to monitor many of these apps natively, so you can see both sides of the conversation.
Installation of the app requires you to have physical access to monitor the Android device.
This powerful mobile spy phone app allows you to see just about everything that happens on the target device. It’s a great option for monitoring employees, your kids, or whoever. For more details check out my SpyIC review.
eyeZy is a powerful mobile spy app. It is compatible with all Android devices. eyeZy allows you to monitor spy on mobile phones without the owner ever knowing. The app allows you to spy on everything from text to browser history and all activities performed on your target device.
EyeZy uses artificial intelligence to notify you when specific activities occur on the target device. These “Magic Alerts” will keep you informed about location, keystrokes, and chats.
EyeZy takes data security very seriously. The app uses military-grade encryption to protect all customer data.
- Track keystrokes on the target device.
- Social media chat and text message monitoring
- Track the device’s GPS location
- Magic Alerts keep you informed when you’re busy
- No root required for installation
Verdict: eyeZy is a feature-rich phone monitoring app. The AI features make it ideal for parental control. And it is simple to install on Android phones.
Price: $9.99 for 12 months, $27.99 for 3 months, $47.99
- No root required for Snapchat monitoring on Android
- App icon is Undetectable (stealth mode)
- monitor “Screen Time”
- Geofencing & location tracking features
- View Snaps and conversations
- Higher Price point
- Cannot record calls
- No live listening to calls
mSpy is a phone spy app that tracks Android devices. It has a simple interface and is perfect for parents who need to track their kid’s phone activities.
Features include advanced GPS tracking, call monitoring, social media account monitoring — including Facebook Messenger, Instagram, WhatsApp, and Snapchat.
The installation of the mSpy app requires physical access to the device, but it does not require rooting.
For more information about features and installation, read my mSpy review.
Cocospy is a phone spyware app for Android devices. Cocospy offers VERY similar features to SPYIC.
The web control panel has an easy to use menu that allows you to quickly see all the phone’s information.
Cocospy is a solid phone monitoring solution that offers very similar features to SPYIC. It’s great for monitoring kids, employees, or loved ones.
- Stealth mode so it’s hidden and undetectable
- Powerful keylogging feature
- Simple user interface
- Easy installation, no root or jailbreak needed.
- log phone calls, GPS location history, call data
- Tracks fewer social media messages
- tech support via email only
- Doesn’t offer more advanced capabilities like live call listening
For a full list of features check out my Cocospy review.
8. iKeyMonitor – Best Free Undetectable Spy App for Android
iKeyMonitor is a spy app that offers a free version for Android phones. Free spy apps don’t offer as many features as paid apps, but they come at no cost.
The iKeyMonitor free Android spy app has the following features:
- View incoming and outgoing calls
- SMS Messages
- GPS Locations
- Calendars, Notes
- Reminders, Voice Memos
- Wifi history
It has a user-friendly online dashboard for viewing data from the target devices.
You will be required to root the device to get the access to the most spying features. If you are uncomfortable with the jailbreaking process you should use an iCloud option.
The keylogging feature is quite powerful but requires either rooting or jailbreaking the target device.
iKeyMonitor is another solid smartphone monitoring app. However, it does require you to root or jailbreak (iOS) the device for maximum access. Bottom line, it offers many of the same great features as the others, but at a cheaper price.
- Basic but powerful spy app
- FREE Trial 3 Days
- Monitor Internet connection, chat messages, & More
- Monitor chat apps
- Screenshot capture
- Limit screen-time
- Powerful features require jailbreak or rooting
9. Kidsguard Pro – Best for Parents with Teens
KidsGuard is an Android parental monitoring app that tracks your child’s smartphone usage. It includes several features designed specifically for parents.
- block apps, games and websites
- track app usage
- capture screenshots
- lock the phone
- GPS location tracking feature with geofencing
- detailed activity reports
If you need parental control features like app blocking and geofencing, KidsGuard is the best solution on the market.
- monitor a wide range cell phone activity
- simple installation instructions
- works with Android and iOS
- requires wi-fi for data sync
WebWatcher is a monitoring app for Android devices. The features of this app include monitoring of emails, GPS location information, instant messages and chats, social media activity, websites history data, Google searches, screenshots and more.
The WebWatcher app is installed directly on the mobile phone you want to track. There is no way to remotely install the app. Installation takes just a few minutes. The app is completely safe to use on Mac, Windows-base PCs, iPhones, and any Android phone.
The WebWatcher app records phone data in real-time, so information is available in your online dashboard interface almost immediately.
WebWatcher is perfect for parents who need to track the phone activities of a child.
The app will alert you when your children visit specific websites or when they type certain keywords. You can also sign up for email notifications that will alert you to all activity on a schedule that you specify.
If you need to monitor multiple devices you will need one license per device. The installation instructions are very detailed and easy to follow.
- Works with Android or iOS
- Easy to use, simple app installation Process
- Monitor iMessages and text messages
- App Is Undetectable
- View web history, instant messaging apps, texts & more
- Mediocre support
- Lacks a few more advanced spying features
The Spyera spying app is another great solution.
Spyera has many of the same features as other phone monitoring apps. Because Spyera is easy to use, install and configure, it is a good choice for those who aren’t as technically savvy.
The online dashboard is very similar to the other cell phone monitoring software we’re covering, but this app doesn’t have some of their advanced capabilities.
Spyera is one of the better budget spy phone apps on the market. This spying software lacks some of the more advanced capabilities.
Spyera offers a ONE-TIME annual payment. Yes, it is missing some features like recording calls, ambient recording, and turning on the camera, but it is still a robust package to spy on someone’s online activities.
Best Spy Apps for Android With Call Recording
The spy apps below offer advanced features like call recording. This features requires rooting the Android device prior to installation.
1. FlexiSPY Extreme: Best for Call Recording
- Listen LIVE or Record Calls
- screen recorder feature
- Ambient listening of device surroundings
- Remotely control camera and apps
- See phone call records, text messages, location & more.
- iOS installation requires jailbreak
- Rooting required on Android
- Higher cost than other options
FlexiSPY is a powerful monitoring app for recording cell phone calls. FlexiSPY monitoring software works on both Android and iOS smartphones.
The FlexiSPY Extreme package offers more advanced features than any cell phone monitoring app on the market. These advanced features include:
- intercept and monitor phone calls
- record phone calls from apps
- monitor video calls
- sms and remote commands
To record phone calls on Android requires rooting the phone. Recording iPhone conversations requires jailbreaking the phone
Their technology allows you to listen to live phone calls in real-time. You can also monitor FaceTime calls.
The easiest way to install FlexiSPY is to buy the phone from them with the app pre-installed. This is a great solution for business owners as it makes employee monitoring very easy.
FlexiSPY does NOT offer live phone support. One software license is needed for each phone.
Read more about it in my full FlexiSPY review.
XNSPY is a cell phone spying app designed to work on any Android phone. The app is compatible with any version of the Android operating system.
XNSPY monitoring features include social accounts like Facebook, Instagram, Whatsapp, Snapchat, call logs, sms tracking, photos and videos, and has a GPS location tracking feature.
This software is designed for parents and employers, but can be used to track anyone and everything on their mobile device. The online interface allows you monitor multiple devices and switch between users.
XNSPY costs $7.49 per month for the Premium Edition. The Basic Edition costs $4.99 per month.
XNSPY’s free customer support is via email. You can also access app information on their website.
- Live web portal
- GPS locations tracking feature
- Solid features
- Easy install and setup
- Easily track multiple devices
- Powerful features require jailbreak or rooting on Android
- Expensive compared to Spyfone or mSpy
Should You Root the Target Android?
Rooting is the process of unlocking the Android operating system. There are many benefits to rooting a phone. It facilitates the installation of unapproved apps, unrestricted access to hardware (like the microphone), deleting unwanted software, replacing firmware, and adjusting processor speeds.
What does rooting have to do with cell phone spy software? There are two types of spy software for Androids: those that require rooting the phone and those that DO NOT.
Features of Root vs No-Root Spy Apps
The main difference between spy apps that require rooting the target device and those that don’t is that rooting facilitates the recording of phone calls and in-app voice calls. This makes it possible to listen to and record calls from Facebook Messenger, WhatsApp, WeChat, LINE, Viber, and Skype.
That said, the rooting process takes time, technical knowledge, and patience.
Our recommendation is that you should only consider rooting the target Android device if you need access to live calls and call recordings. Spying apps that do NOT require rooting offer every other feature, without the additional hassle.
Why Do People Use Android Spy Apps?
Android spy apps have many uses. Spying apps are designed for parents who want to monitor the phone of a child, but can be used anyone’s smartphone.
The most common reason to use a spy app is to track a child’s smartphone usage. They allow a parent to track their child’s location, what apps the child uses, who they chat with, and even if the child is being bullied in school.
Some apps offer even more parental monitoring features like:
- monitoring screen time
- internet browsing history
- Youtube videos they watch
- time restrictions
- remote locking of the device
Monitoring an Employee’s Phone
Spy apps are used to monitor and track an employee’s phone usage and productivity. Cell phone spy apps allows employers to ensure that company phones are only being used for activities that are work-related.
They can also be used to monitor employee communication with customers via text messages or phone calls.
Spying on a Spouse or Loved One
Phone spy software is often used to spy on a spouse who is suspected of cheating. A husband or wife can monitor their spouse’s phone for secret messaging apps or dating apps. They can even use the GPS tracking feature built into phone spy apps to see their spouse’s location.
Spy apps are also called stalkerware due to this type of usage. Unfortunately, stalking is one of the most common uses of spy software. A recent study showed that 1 in 10 people use stalkerware to spy on a current or former partner.
Are Android Phone Spy Apps Legal?
Spy apps are legal when used correctly. In the United States it is legal to monitor someone with a phone spy app with their permission. However it is illegal to install a phone spying app without their knowledge.
Before buying any of the apps recommended above, make sure you understand if it’s legal for you to monitor the target phone.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do Android Spyware Apps Really Work?
Yes Android spyware apps work extremely well. They are a very effective way to monitor someone’s smartphone activity without having physical access to the device. This article explains what spy apps are and how they work on Android phones.
How Does Android Spy Software Work?
Android spy software works by uploading phone data to a remote server using the cellular data connection or WiFi. This data can then be viewed using an online control panel.
Can Android Surveillance Apps Be Installed Remotely?
No, Android spyware apps cannot be installed remotely. These apps MUST be installed directly on the target phone. There are no Android surveillance apps that allow you to spy on a phone without installing software on the target device.
Do you need physical access to the Android phone?
Android spying apps require physical access to the device to install the app and adjust security settings. Once this is done you will no longer need access to the device.
Do Android Spy Apps Require Rooting the Phone?
No, most spy software for Androids do NOT require rooting the phone. You should only consider rooting the phone if you need advanced features like the ability to record calls and live call interception.
Will Android spy software work after a factory reset?
No, Android surveillance software will NOT work after a factory reset. All third-party software is removed during the factory reset process. Only apps that are shipped with the phone will remain.
Can I Track an iPhone from an Android?
Yes, you can track an iPhone from an Android using spy apps for iPhones and iOS devices. All you need to get started is the users iCloud email address and password.
Can Android Spy Software Monitor Social Media Accounts?
Yes, Android surveillance software can monitor most social media accounts including Snapchat, Facebook, Instagram, and TikTok. They can also monitor Facebook Messages, WhatsApp Messages, Skype, Tinder, KIK, Line, and Viber.
Can You Turn an Android Phone into a Listening Device?
Yes, installing a spy app allows you to turn a smartphone as a listening device. All recordings are stored in an online dashboard.
Are Android Spy Apps Safe?
Android spyware apps are generally safe. But installing a spy app requires disabling certain features of the phone’s security. This can potentially expose the target user’s personal data.
All phone spying apps store the target phone’s data on a server. Most companies use powerful encryption to secure this data, but there is a possibility of this data getting hacked. This could expose the target user’s personal information, pictures, and communications. You can learn more by reading my article on Android spy app safety concerns.
To function properly on an Android device, spying apps require you to disable several Android security features. This can leave a phone vulnerable to malicious apps, spyware, and malware.
Are Free Android Spy Apps any good?
There are free phone spy apps for Androids, but they offer very limited features and no customer support. If you only need to monitor a couple features a free spy app may have everything you need. More advanced monitoring features require payment.
uMobix and SpyBubble are the best Android spy apps for most people They are easy to install and do NOT require rooting or jailbreaking the device. The customer support is the best in the industry and both companies offer a free trial and have a reasonable refund policy.