Being a parent these days is not as easy as it was back in the day.
Everything in our children’s life depends on the internet. Parents are obligated to get their children smartphones and tablets, but how can they be sure that their kids are browsing the internet safely without seeing any harmful or unsuitable content for their age?
Nowadays, plenty of parental control apps allow you to control, manage, monitor, and modify anything on your child’s device. One of those applications is Mobicip.
What is Mobicip?
Mobicip is an advanced service that works on any OS on any device, including iOS, Blackberry, and Android. This application helps you monitor all the devices in your family through a parent app. Mobicip can be installed and start to run smoothly and silently on any device.
This application is super easy to install and use, and you do not need to jailbreak or root your child’s device to monitor it. It is the perfect app to keep you updated on what your children are interested in and what they search for online. It helps you keep your little ones safe. Furthermore, it can send you weekly or daily scans of the device and the screen limit times.
How Does Mobicip work?
If you are looking to monitor your child’s online activities using a parental control app, then Mobicip is one great option you should consider. To set up Mobicip on your child’s device, follow these steps:
- Download the Mobicip app from the app store or play store and select Parent as the primary user.
- Create an account or log in if you already have an existing account.
- Select “Add Children” to create a persona for each of your children. You need to at least add one child persona to the account.
- Create the persona, set the age, and Mobicip will automatically apply the restrictions appropriate for your children’s age.
- You can customize the restrictions at any time you desire.
- Start monitoring and watch the results on the Mobicip dashboard.
Mobicip Child Mode Setup
To monitor your child’s activities on your device, you need to install the application on their device as well. To set up the app on your child’s device, follow the next steps:
- Go to the App Store or the play store, download Mobicip and choose Child as the primary user.
- On your child’s phone, scan the QR code from the Mobicip portal on your device. If you do not have the QR code just use your Mobicip login credentials.
- Your child’s device will afterward register with your account and the parental control configurations that you have selected will be automatically applied right away.
- After you log in, choose the child who will be using the device.
- You can easily follow the prompts to install the Mobicip profile on the device.
- Now that the Mobicip Management Profile is installed, choose “All Set to Go” to finish the setup.
- There should be a box on the top left corner of your child’s device that says “VPN”. If you can see it, that means the app is active. You can even try and search for something to make sure the filters are working.
Mobicip is a great application that provides you with plenty of features, such as:
- Viewing Browsing History:
This application allows you to check your child’s search history, you can get detailed reports on their online activity, and even block inappropriate websites.
- Using YouTube Filters:
One of the amazing features of Mobicip is that it makes sure that your child does not see content that is not age-appropriate. The system checks the video title, description, and other data to determine if this video should be hidden or not. This method might not be 100% accurate, however, it minimizes the risks of your child seeing any content that could possibly be harmful or unsuitable.
- Internet Access Restrictions:
If your child tends to use their electronics for too long, you can limit their internet access by setting time limits for internet use for each child depending on what you see fits (this feature is included in the premium subscription). Keep in mind that you will need to set the time zone before setting the screen time limits.
- Monitoring Apps Usage:
To be able to monitor the apps your children use on your device, you will need to install the Mobicip Safe Browser for Androids. To enable the feature on iPads or iPhones, you will need to access the Safari browser.
Mobicip is not a free application; however, it gives you a 7-day free trial. Within the trial period, you can access all the features available on Mobicip. After your free trial, you will need to subscribe to one of the offered premium packages.
As per Federal law, the application requires verifiable parental consent to check your children’s personal data. This is according to the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA). The verification can only be done through a parent credit card. You will not be charged within the free trial; you will only be charged after the free trial period. And if you cancel the subscription within the trial period, there will be no charges.
Mobicip gives you the ability to monitor your children’s online activity; however, some features are not as sophisticated as other apps features are. Here are the cons of Mobicip:
- Children can bypass desktop browsing restrictions.
- The iOS configurations could be a bit confusing.
- It doesn’t offer geofencing.
- It lets you set time schedules but not time limits.
Comparing MobiCip to Other Parental Monitoring Apps
Here are the pricing and features compared to the best apps for parental control available:
|Mobicip||Starting at $3.99 a month||Internet access restrictions|
|Bark||Starting at $5.00 a month||Monitors 30+ social networks|
|MSpy||Starting at $29.99 a month||Capture conversations in messaging apps with the advanced screen recorder feature|
Here are the frequently asked questions about Mobicip and their answers:
Can Children Get Around Mobicip?
When your child disables the Mobicip VPN in a supervised iOS device, they cannot access anything online without turning the VPN back on. However, if your child is tech-savvy and found a way to delete the Mobicip MDM profile, then the Mobicip parental control will stop working. If your child does this and has an Android device, you can choose an alternate app by reading my post about the best Android hidden spy apps in order to continue to protect your child.
What Apps Can Mobicip Monitor and Control?
On iPhones, iPads, Androids, and Amazon Fire, Mobicip can monitor and block apps. It can access and manage the apps from Google Play or the App Store. You can block the installed apps, block certain apps that haven’t been installed, and change the settings to “approved apps only,” which puts you in control of what gets installed and what doesn’t.
Will Mobicip Work Outside of My Home Network?
Yes, the application runs locally on the device it’s been installed on. Whether your child is on your home network, another Wifi network, or Mobile Data.
How Granularly Can Mobicip Filter Content?
It filters the content based on how the application has the website categorized. The app actively scans the website content to detect any unsuitable content. This is a feature that distinguishes the Mobicip app as not all parental control filters scan content. Many filters simply block the website based on how it has been categorized.
Still, you can allow or block any website you see fit, whether it has been categorized as suitable or unsuitable by Mobicip. You can also use the whitelist to add the allowed websites only. And Mobicip automatically blocks all websites that are not on the whitelist.
Finding the perfect parental control app could be a bit tricky as they all have different features, pros, and cons. Be sure you know exactly what you need from a parental control app to make the best purchasing decision.