iSpyoo is an Android monitoring app that offers a limited number of tracking features. It has fallen behind the leaders like uMobix and Eyezy.
- tracks social media apps
- tracks GPS location
- responsive tech support
- no root required
- dated features
- can’t monitor Snapchat
- expensive compared to rivals
In this review we explore the iSpyoo cell phone monitoring app. iSpyoo is designed to monitor Android mobile devices.
It offers a limited number of monitoring features on Android phones. Unlocking advanced tracking features requires rooting the device.
Like most monitoring apps, iSpyoo operates completely hidden in the background on the target cell phone, so it is invisible from the phone’s owner.
Contents of this Review
- My Verdict on iSpyoo
- Key Android Monitoring Features
- Key iPhone and iOS Features
- Standard Monitoring Features
- Notes After Using the iSpyoo App
- Key Requirements
- Compatible Devices
- How to Install iSpyoo
- iSpyoo Pricing
- Customer Support
- iSpyoo Alternatives
My Verdict on iSpyoo
For the money, there are much better solutions available. Accessing most of iSpyoo’s advanced tracking features requires rooting the device. Most current Android spyware apps no longer require this step.
The iOS version requires jailbreaking the target phone to access ANY tracking features. This is a complicated process that is no long required by the leading monitoring apps like uMobix, mSpy and Eyezy.
What I Like
- tracks a handful of social media apps
- GPS location updates frequently
- easy-to-use control panel
- great for parents – plenty of parental control features
What I Don’t Like
- won’t monitor Snapchat
- dated features
- not compatible with current versions of Android OS
iSpyoo offers surveillance software for Android phones and tablets. In the section below we explore some of the key features for each type of device.
Key Android Monitoring Features
Below you will find a list of all the features offered by iSpyoo for Android.
Social Media Monitoring
Social media monitoring capabilities include all of the following apps:
- Facebook Messenger
Snapchat is the most popular social media app for teens. iSpyoo does NOT track any Snapchat activity.
iSpyoo will not track TikTok activity or messages.
iSpyoo tracks Facebook Messenger chats. Chats are recorded and organized by contact in the control panel. These messages can be viewed even if the original message has been deleted by the user.
iSpyoo does not track Instagram
iSpyoo does not offer Tinder tracking.
Ambient Listening & Recording
iSpyoo can remotely activate the microphone on Android devices. This feature enables remote listening and recording of the target phone’s surroundings. This feature requires rooting the device.
The iSpyoo monitoring app includes a powerful keystroke logger. A keylogger records all keystrokes on the keyboard of a target device. This includes usernames, passwords, chats, website addresses, Google searches, and more.
The real beauty of the Android version is the simple and FAST installation. I detail the installation process below, but I was able to get it up and running in less than five minutes.
iSpyoo does not track Youtube activity on the target device.
Key iPhone and iOS Features
iSpyoo only offers a jailbreak version of their software for iOS devices. Jailbreaking a device is complicated, so we don’t recommend this solution.
If you need to monitor an iOS device, please refer to our list of iPhone spy apps for a better solution.
Text and iMessage Monitoring
iSpyoo will monitor all incoming and outgoing text messages and iMessages.
You can do see of the following information:
- text and iMessage content
- sender and recipient contact information
Real Time Location Tracking
iSpyoo offers real-time location tracking of iOS devices. Most iOS spy apps only update a device’s location when it backs up to the iCloud. iSpyoo offers two different solutions to get more up-to-date location data.
- a profile on the iOS device itself that sends regular GPS location updates.
- access to LocationTracker, an app that uses cell tower triangulation to pinpoint a phone’s location.
As of right now iSpyoo does not monitor Snapchat on iOS devices. iSpyoo uses iCloud backups to display phone data in the control panel. No Snapchat data is stored in the iCloud. This makes it impossible to track Snapchat on iPhones or iPads unless the device is jailbroken.
Standard Monitoring Features
In addition to the key features I covered above, iSpyoo also gives you access to just about everything else on the target phone. This includes the following for both Android and iOS versions:
- View call logs: Check call logs in chronological order, including call duration, timestamps, and contact names along with their phone number. You can also view call status like outgoing, incoming, rejected, or missed calls
- View messages: view received, sent, as well as deleted messages, including the name of the sender and receiver, chat history, actual text messages
- GPS location: View phone location details with timestamps plus location history. You can also view geographical co-ordinates along with addresses
- Bookmarks and browser history: See the websites visited. View the saved bookmarks from the web browser of the device
- Much more: View received, deleted, and sent WhatsApp messages, including group and private chats, along with their timestamps. View received and sent direct messages on Instagram with accompanying timestamps and other important details like contacts. You can also view videos and photos stored on the target device (all require “Full” package)
Notes After Using the iSpyoo App
During testing I installed the iSpyoo app on both an iOS and Android device to see how the phone performs. Below are usage notes from each.
iPhone and iOS
We were unable to test iSpyoo on iOS because it supports only older devices. Currently they only offer support up to iOS 8.x.
iSpyoo was relatively easy to install on an older Android device. The process takes much longer than more up to date spying apps like uMobix or Eyezy.
iPhones & iOS Devices
iSpyoo does not offer an iCloud backup monitoring solution. You must jailbreak the device and install the software locally. This is a serious disadvantage.
Installing iSpyoo on an Android requires you to download the app on the phone, so you WILL need physical access to the device. It also requires rooting.
The app works on phones from Apple, Samsung, Huawei, Xiaomi, LG, Motorola, and many more. Android devices up to Android 10 are supported. iOS devices up to 8.0 are supported.
You can find a full list of compatible devices here.
How to Install iSpyoo
Below you will find the installation instructions for iSpyoo. The instructions are different based on the type of phone you need to monitor.
Installing iSpyoo on iPhones
Using iSpyoo on iPhones or iPads requires you to jailbreak the device first.
This requires installing the Cydia app. Once the Cydia app is installed, iSpyoo must be downloaded. Refer to the image below.
After the URL is verified the installation will proceed. You will now see the iSpyoo installation package. Tap it, and click “Install”. Refer to the image below.
When the installation is complete you will see the screen below.
The final step is to create an account at https://my.ispyoo.com/Account/SignUp and login to the account. This will activate the iSpyoo app on the target phone.
Installing iSpyoo on Android Devices
Installation on Android devices will require a few minutes of access to the phone. Below you will find the EXACT installation procedure.
Step 1: Start by creating an account at iSpyoo.com
All that is required to get started is your email address.
Next choose “Android Phone or Tablet” as the device to be monitored.
Then choose your subscription. Obviously the annual plan is the best value, but choose whatever makes sense for your budget.
Once you’ve completed the transaction you will be taken to the installation and setup page.
Step 2: Adjust security settings on the target Android (Total Time: 1 minute)
You will now need access to the target Android device to install the iSpyoo app. It is not available through the Google Play Store, so you must enable app installation from 3rd party sources. This step may look slightly different based on the Android phone you’re monitoring. Here are the steps I took on my Pixel. From the Security app -> Apps & Notification -> Special App Access -> Install unknown apps from the device.
- Tap the “Security” icon
- Tap “Apps & Notifications”
- Tap “Special App Access”
- Tap “Install Unknown Apps”
5. Then you will tap “Chrome” and enable “Allow from this source”
6. Next disable Google Play Protect by going to “Settings”
7. Tap “Security”
8. Tap “Google Play Protect”
9. Tap the cog icon in the top right
10. Turn off “Scan apps…” and “Improve Harmful App Detection…”
Now you’re ready to download the app onto the device.
Step 3: Install the iSpyoo tracker on the target phone (Total time: 5 minutes)
- Login to the iSpyoo website.
- From the Download and Install page, use the TARGET phone’s camera to scan the QR code.
- Click on the link that appears. This will download the iSpyoo app.
4. Once it finishes downloading click the “Open” button.
5. When prompted with “File Might Be Harmful”, click “Download Anyway”
6. At the next prompt click “Install”
7. At the iSpyoo license agreement page click “Agree”
8. On the next page tap “Enable Keylogger”
9. You will then be taken to the “Automatic Installation” page. It will start automatically.
Once the installation has completed the phone’s data will begin downloading to your dashboard. This process can take several minutes to an hour depending on the amount of data and the phone’s internet connection.
Step 3: Log into your online dashboard to view the phone’s data
After the installation is complete you can login to your control panel to check that the app is sending data from the target phone.
At this point you can adjust how frequently the phone sends updates to your dashboard. The default setting is 10 minutes. Keep in mind that more frequent updates will drain the battery of the target phone more quickly.
From here you can also adjust when the phone will send text-based data and media files. Setting these to Wifi only will use less cellular data, but will only send updates when the phone is connected to Wifi.
iSpyoo is expensive for what you get.
The cheapest way to purchase is with the “Yearly” plan. This plan costs $15.41 per month. This is 10 to 20% more than most comparable products.
Customer support at iSpyoo was non-existent. We contacted support multiple times throughout the testing process, but never received a response. This is a serious problem for those who might have difficulties during the installation process.
Below you will find the apps we recommend instead of iSpyoo.
uMobix vs iSpyoo
uMobix offers several advantages over the iSpyoo spying app.
- less expensive at $12.49 per month
- more tracking features
- does not require rooting or jailbreaking the target device.
- responsive tech support
uMobix is currently our #1 pick for both Android and iOS spying apps.
Eyezy vs iSpyoo
Eyezy is another solid choice for Android and iOS monitoring. The main difference between Eyezy and iSpyoo is that Eyze does not require jailbreaking or rooting the device for most monitoring features.
Below are the advantages of going with Eyezy instead of iSpyoo.
- less expensive at $9.99 per month.
- more monitoring features
- does not require rooting or jailbreaking
- compatible with ALL iPhone and Android models
- good customer support
You can find out more about features, installation and pricing in my Eyezy review.
iSpyoo vs TheTruthSpy
The main difference between iSpyoo and TheTruthSpy is pricing and the level of support. TheTruthSpy is compatible with more modern phones. This includes the Google Pixel and the iPhone 14.
Refer to our TheTruthSpy review for pricing, installation, support, and feature list.
Can I Install iSpyoo remotely on Android devices?
iSpyoo cannot be installed remotely on Android phones. It requires physical access to install the app and adjust security settings.
Can I Remotely Install iSpyoo on iOS devices?
The iSpyoo iPhone installation only requires that you enter the 2 factor authentication code that is sent to the target phone. If you want to track GPS location and Internet browser history on iOS devices you WILL need physical access.
Can iSpyoo monitor multiple devices?
Yes, iSpyoo can monitor multiple devices from the same account. This includes phones with different operating systems.
Can iSpyoo Track Snapchat Conversations?
iSpyoo can track Snapchat accounts and conversations on Android phones only. The iOS version of iSpyoo does NOT monitor Snapchat.
Can I See Deleted Text Messages with iSpyoo?
Yes, you will be able to see deleted text messages with iSpyoo.